Thursday, March 31, 2011

THE NORTH CAROLINA MUSEUM OF NATURAL SCIENCES -Matthew Williams-


I spent a whole day at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences over break. The museum itself is made up of four different stories or levels. There were the major coastal area exhibits and North Carolina’s natural treasures on the 1st floor; then the mountains, underground and explorer’s exhibits on the 2nd floor.

The 3rd floor really caught my attention whenever I saw the dinosaurs and how there was a remake of an Acrocanthosaurus atokensis attacking a pleurocoelus. There was also an exhibit that showed which fruits came from where all over the world and you could see the mountains exhibit from the overlook. The 4th floor was rather new to me just because I had not been to the museum in years and they refurnished everything up there and made a café, along with the arthropod section that has been there since the last time I came to the museum, and the snakes on that floor always grabbed my attention.

There were several different ecosystems being portrayed on each level of the museum such as the forests, wetlands, oceans, and deserts with each of them having abiotic and biotic organisms. I really enjoyed experiencing what the museum had to offer after going back to it after several years had gone by. I would recommend that everyone should go check it out and see for themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment