Saturday, April 16, 2011

Museum of Life and Science - Jennifer Hinkley



I visited the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, NC. The museum has many different educational aspects and covers an array of topics. I learned about the different missions to the moon, as well as the effects of wind on Earth's weather patterns. If you venture outside of the museum you will find a variety of animals, including bears, wolves, goats, owls, and even a cow. There is also a butterfly room which houses butterflies from across the world. The have displays of hundreds of butterflies from all regions, noting Central and South America as having some of the most beautiful and colorful butterflies. I also went into the insect room and saw lots of insects from around the world. I noticed that Southeast Asia had some of the largest and creepiest looking insects that exist. I would hope to never run into any of those. ICK! Overall the experience was pleasant and I feel as though I learned a lot about the environment and its creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment