Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Museum of Natural History New York, New York- Adam Davis




During spring break I was lucky enough to go to New York city for the first time ever. One of the places we visited while we were there was the Museum of Natural History. This was one of the main attractions for the visit at least in my eyes because I was so interested in what was there. The thing that I was looking forward to most were the dinosaurs skeletons because I had never seen any before and they were not disappointing at all.
Going through the museum really made me think and reevaluate certain things such as the importance of other life on our planet or the necessity to take care of them. There were so many beautiful and interesting species in the extinct section that do not even exist anymore. Another thing that surprised me was the size of some of the animals. I was shocked. There was a blue whale hanging from the ceiling that was over 100 feet long.
I was so glad I was able to have this experience, it was very enlightening and interesting.
I learned so much about different species and how they exist or sometimes why they do not exist.
If anyone goes to New York I would highly recommend checking out the Museum of Natural History.

-Adam Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment