Saturday, May 7, 2011

Walnut Creek Wetlands John J.





I decided to go to the Walnut Creek Wetlands Cent for my blog post. I have to say a lot of what went into the decision was its proximity to my apartment. I took a couple of friends with me not really expecting much but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. At the actual center there was a lot of educational material. There were displays set up to show us some of the animals that would be found in the area. A lady came and talked to us about the animals. She told us if we listened quietly we might hear a barn owl. We were prepared for this thanks to the display that had the actual calls of the animals. It also showed us the different uses the wetland has, from habitation to purification of water. It also serves as a nursery in which many animals raise young. We did not see any animals besides bugs. Also along the walking trail behind it there is a creek where we saw tracks of an animal but did not come upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment