Monday, May 2, 2011

Tobais Palmer: The North Carolina Solar Center



Over Easter break, I went to the The North Carolina Solar Center which is located right off of Gorman beside the McKimmon Conference & training Center.The North Carolina Solar center is oringally known for focusing on solar energy. As years passed the "Solar Center" had expanded more and which now serves as a big part of the majority of energy programs.After visiting and listening to interesting facts about the solar center I never knew that the solar center was seeking to stabilize energy costs for consumers which could help reduce some of the foreign fuels and the enviromental impacts associated with fossil fuel.


While I was there visiting the North Carolina Solar Center not only was I clueless about some of the things that I was trying to understand but I was also wondering like what is the mission for this and I found out that their main mission was to advance the use of renewable energy, clean transportation resources and others to help protect our enviroment.What stood out to me a little more was how wind turbines is considered as a type of wind energy. This tool was created to test the winds in North Carolina and to see how to regulate them and there has even been recent research, which wind turbine manufacturers are now starting to focus on the innovations that would allow the turbines to produce more energy in low and medium wind regimes. After visiting the North Carolina Solar Center I now have some type of clue to understand what their mission is and why they're trying to do. It would be real interesting to see how things play out as years come and go.


~Tobais Palmer~

1 comment:

  1. I am looking at buying a pop up and would like to make it run off of deep cycle batteries but charging these batteries I would like to use a combination of solar panels and 1 wind generator. How many batteries would I need how many solar panels.

    Solar panels north carolina

    ReplyDelete